Monday 16 August 2010

Hadston Hippo


Record shots from this mornings trip to Hadston to see the reported Sykes Warbler... Left the tripod in the car as it had been very elusive earlier on in the morning ~ all shots hand held, 500mm, ISO 1250 ~ it was very dull and cold! cropped images below are at 100% size, hopefully can contribute to the correct id of the species... booted / sykes are incredibly hard to separate & I'm not in any position to judge!!



I hear that it has showed better now that the sun is out ~ expect to see much better images to appear from others on other websites etc...


2 comments:

James said...

Far better than mine John! Not surprising considering my yoghurt pot of a lens... Whiskered Tern still at Saltholme East on way home by the way

Stuart Price said...

Not so bad for handheld with a 500mm, a beast of a lens.

I'm crap at IDing warblers and have never seen either of the 2 species you mention so I'll leave quietly.............