Sunday 3 January 2010

24 hours

A belated happy new year to you all!

What a difference 24 hours can make.... This time yesterday I was in Cape Town and it was just over 35 degrees celcius. Today I'm back in blighty and it's below freezing and the garden is thick with snow!

The past week has been spent enjoying the sights of the western Cape in South Africa. It was our first venture here and it was certainly worth the hassle of overnight flights. The scenery is amazing, quite beautiful. The birdiing was restricted to the more touristy areas, but did not fail to impress me (needless to say I had plenty of new birds with this being the first trip to SA).

Hindsight, they say, is a wonderful thing, and if I had had my head screwed on I would have realised that the Christmas and New Year period would be very busy as this is peak summer holiday time south of the equator - so plans for car hire when we arrived were shattered when we found that all the hire cars were taken, and Robben Island was fully booked until 5th January!!

Still, all was not lost, and once I wake up properly I'll sort out some images of the birdlife and scenery.

No comments: