Thursday 16 April 2009

Time to Kill(ingworth)



The past couple of mornings have seen me head down to Killingworth Lake for a bit of camera practice with the 400mm f4 DO and the 580 flash. Wednesday saw thick mist and three common tern at the lake, while this morning, although grey skies predominated, was a bit better but tern-less. In their absence was the occasional visit from a splendid little gull which managed to come into photographable range only once - here's a sample image, I think there will be better but have not had time to sort through the folder yet...

Sand martins were also present and prove to be very difficult to capture in the optimum pose.

4 comments:

Blyth Birder said...

Impressive efforts - particularly the Sand Martin.

wallsend birder said...

yes killingworth lake has more to offer than swans

Birding about Northumberland said...

Can you tell me what camera set up you use as I am in the procss of looking for some new equipment, saves having to use my hubby's all the time when he is busy. You really have some nice photos
Michelle

John Malloy said...

Michelle - camera details are listed in the "about me" section. I'm Canon through and through!